3.14.2011

The Cleanse: It's over and I feel great!




The Cleanse is over and I'm pretty excited.  I ended it Saturday and here is my overall report:

"What was the hardest part?"

   The first week (minus the cheat at the F & W Festival) getting rid of starches (except starch veg's, ex; swt. potatoes), dairy, most fruits, processed sugars/foods, nuts, beans, and meats.  Or in short.. anything hard to digest. I found I struggled most with refined starches, as I know you've heard me talk about...my bagels.  That means I had no bread and pasta, which are two of my great loves. I don't eat a ton of meat, so that was not an issue at all.   
   During the first week I experienced a lot headaches and cravings.. trying to get through that took some serious will power. 

It was also really hard for me to balance out detoxing and working out.  I am an avid runner and I can't tell you the last time I've run less than 4 days during a weeks time, except right after I delivered Mara Mae.  So making those boundaries was hard for me.. because if I did too much I was very tired, and if I did too little I was not satisfied. 

"When did I notice a difference? And what were those differences?"

    I starting noticing a significant difference during the second week.  I felt random surges of energy.. Natalia speaks of those energy surges in her book.  She says it's almost a euphoric feeling because you have so much energy in you from the live foods that you are eating.  I lost the headaches and cravings and really enjoyed my salads and veggies.
Also, my skin started looking great and any blemishes cleared up. 
    As far as weight loss goes, I didn't really lose weight, but I don't think my body had any really to shed.  Any bloatedness disappeared though and my stomach feels very flat.
***I feel that the outcome would have been even more favorable if I would have not cheated at the Food and Wine Festival.
 

"What was my favorite meal?"

Sweet potato and sauteed cabbage.(below)
I love sweet potatoes!!  This was easy and filling.



My favorite part of the day though was the evening.. I was able to enjoy a glass of red wine and dark chocolate.

"What now?!"

    Bagels! haha! :)
    I plan to continue these practices of proper food combining and juicing.  I just won't be following as strictly and if I feel the need I will begin the detox again.  As of now I feel great and I am very glad I did it. 


Dry Brushing:
A practice that you women will thoroughly love and reap the benefits of quickly.  It is an incredible detoxification tool.  It is a practice done by using a natural-bristle body brush (I found mine at wal-mart for about $5.00.. I've seen them at 14 carrot, tjmax, almost everywhere).  I have used this technique for about 1 1/2 years now 1-2 times daily! ESPECIALLY WHILE I WAS PREGNANT.  I am a firm believer behind it.. why?:
-no stretchmarks
-significantly reduced any calluses on my hands or feet caused by running or lifting weights, through the removal of dead skin, which causes your skin to breath oxygen into the tissues
-much smoother skin (Rick confirmed this about 2 weeks after I started using the dry brush)
-No cellulite (of course my diet helps too)
-it helps stimulate the lymphatic system to push out wastes

How you do it:

"Stand in your bathtub, shower, or anywhere you are comfortable, completely dry and nude.  Take the dry brush off the long wooden handle.  Since you should always brush the body in upward strokes toward the heart, with the exception of the torso, begin brushing the tops of your feet in firm strokes toward the ankles.  Then make firm strokes up the calves, toward the knees (make two strokes over each spot).  Brush upward along the backs on the knees, the groin, and the armpits (these are the major lymphatic drainage regions, so pay extra attention to them).  Next, brush the fronts of the thighs from the knees to the groin and hip sockets and the backs of the thighs in firm upward strokes.  If you are prone to cellulite or "saddle bags," spend a moment brushing those areas in a circular motion.  Next, brush the torso in downward strokes; then brush the palms of the hands well from the fingers tips to the wrist- followed by long brush strokes from the wrists to the armpits and shoulders.  Be sure to brush equally on both sides of the body. Finally, place the brush back on the wooden stick and brush as much of your back as you are able to reach.  This whole process should only take about three to five minutes.  A new brush can feel harsh the first couple of times but will quickly soften, so brush more gently at the beginning if you need to.  This practice will leave your physical and energy bodies completely refreshed and invigorated!"
-Natalia Rose, Raw Food Life Force Energy.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to throw in a few pic's of my girl this weekend before going to see her cousin's baseball game :)



Needless to say her daddy was very proud and I think he was begining to dream about him teaching her how to play ball one day.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment