3.06.2011

The Cleanse: Days 5, 6, & 7 (on & off the bandwagon!)

 Day 5:

It was a pretty typical day in the life of a "detox-er."  Started the day off with some "Gym n' Juice."(: Still sippin' on the same green juice too. 

For lunch I ate out.. I opted for the salad bar and had a large salad (spinach and spring mix) with tons of raw vegetables, some boiled eggs, and a balsamic vinegarette.  Detoxing and eating out don't really go hand in hand...but it takes self-control and educating yourself on where to go. I did feel somewhat tired afterwards and I'll attribute that to any additives or preservatives that were in the salad.. it was not organic.  That's the only explanation I can come up with for the fatigue because normally after a lunch consisting of greens you should feel energized.. not energy-stripped.  




Dinner:  Grated Zucchini in Marina Sauce, topped with Goat Cheese




  • 4 grated zucchini's





  • Marina sauce (I used the organic 365 blend from Whole Foods)





  • Minced Garlic


  • I simply put the grated zucchini in a saucepan with the marinara and heated it up.. then topped with goat cheese(as seen below).
    The grated zucchini has a texture that is much like pasta.  Delicious!






    MOVIE RECOMMENDATION:

    Educate, educate, educate.
    "The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled."
    Plutarch



    Days 6 & 7:

    Shall we even go here.. :/


    Ok, well here is the long & short of it.. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.  What's a girl to do when her man calls her up on the phone and says "Hey, how about we go to Charleston for the Wine and Food Festival?" ... "Ahhhh, NO sorry honey, I'm detoxing.."
    DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH.
    It was more like "Detox-whaaaa?... Shall we try red or white first???!"
    hehe..





    This is us the morning after the festival at the hotel. 

    And here are just a few others :) 

    
    
    Humpty dumpty sat on a wall...






    1.) The festival was a blast and it was well worth it.  We will more than likely do it again next year! 

    2.)  Sorry for those who I let down, but I am officially back on the bandwagon! 


    2 comments:

    1. food inc. is another good movie!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Agreed! I would actually suggest most people watch Food inc. first and then watch The Beautiful Truth!

      ReplyDelete