3.02.2011

The Cleanse: Day 2

Day 2:



The 2nd day I woke up pretty hungry..
I snacked on a grapefruit and then sipped on my juice until lunch time.  Let me be clear about this.. this in NO WAY is a diet or me trying to lose weight... it's to put my body back in balance through the release of toxins and nourish it with whole and living foods.  Honestly, it's not too far off from my normal lifestyle, but it is just keeping me on track from taking in the normal toxins that I allow myself during the week.. such as, my LOVE for bagels & coffee.. all the gluten, yeast, tannins, and caffeine from those.  My goal is to starve any yeast in my body. Later in the week I'll talk about the topic of breastfeeding & detoxing.

Lunch:
THIS, was the lunch I didn't have the patience to take a picture of yesterday.. My tuna salad salad.  The recipe is on my Day 1 page.  http://againstthegrainlifestyle.blogspot.com/2011/03/cleanse-day-1.html





Snack:  Granny Smith Apple

Dinner:

Started off with some Edamame.







I had a baked potato with lightly sauteed mushrooms and red peppers.. I was so full from the edamame I only ate about 1/2 of this.. but it was very good.





So if you'll notice, for breakfast I only had cleansing items: grapefruit and juice.  For lunch I had raw veggies/greens and my fleshes: salad and tuna.  For dinner I had cooked veggies and a starch: Edamame, mushrooms, red peppers and a baked potatoThis is called food combining.. and it encourages proper digestion.

***TIP: Fruits are Cleansers & Vegetables are Builders.






DESSERT:  Dark Chocolate! Natalia says you can pretty much each this whole bar for dessert.. but I only ate half.  I paid about $2.29 for this bar and she recommends at least 70% cocoa.




How I am feeling thus far:
So far I feel great.. I have had a few cravings for bread/bagels, but that is more than likely from the yeast that is being starved in my body. This should clear after a few days on the detox.  I also have experienced a few headaches.  Any imperfections on my skin have already cleared, which is a tell-tale sign that the yeast is indeed starved!  Mission is being completed!!  (Do you think you have a yeast issue.. eczema, acne, cravings for bread, sugar, etc...?) Check out this site for some good info on candida (yeast) http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html.

  

          Foot bath's & Reflexology:
 I left out Amy's information on my post yesterday.  So here is her info and tell her Bridgette Grice referred you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment