3.03.2011

The Cleanse: Days 3 & 4 (..and some extra's)


Day 3:

This morning I started out with a 40 minute cardio session and then came home and enjoyed my new favorite juice.

Lunch:  I had a 4 egg, YES I said 4 egg, omelet with mushrooms, onions, and red peppers.  Topped with pico de gallo.  So that would mean my food combo was- flesh plus raw veggies.  It goes back to the whole PROPER DIGESTION, remember?  Here is a link for FAQ's from Natalia Rose's website.. I suggest any and all who are interested to read: http://www.detoxtheworld.com/knowledge-base-frequently-asked-questions.php.

Ya know, Natalia hasn't really mentioned Texas Pete.. but I'm sure she just forgot about him. 

I found this picture of "scrubbing bubbles" and it makes me laugh so hard because it's exactly how I picture the candida that are starving from their lack of processed sugars, dairy, refined starches!!  Bahaha, who's laughing now?!
P.S. I joke about the yeast/candida.. I wouldn't ever consider myself having a serious issue with it... I just have to make light of it all because I really would like a NICE BIG WARM BAGEL WITH CREAM CHEESE RIGHT NOW.  Oh, and also because my sister is also doing the Detox (she actually is the one who persuaded me to do this with her... all credit goes to you Chels!! :) Anyways.. her diet is pretty much FLAWLESS and when I talk to her she seems completely fine..barely hungry..blah blah blah... cut.  I think it's more in my head than anything.. What can I say, I miss my bagels.

Ok, ok enough playing around.. let's get down into some more info.  I have had a few questions come my way regarding the detox.  So here you go:

 "Are you only drinking liquids?"

ANSWER:  If you have looked at any of the info I've posted, you know the answer... a big fat NEGATIVE.  This is not a juice fast, nor is this a raw food detox

The next question I have received was:

"Is is safe to detox while breastfeeding?"

  I am currently still breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter and plan to for roughly 6 more months.  We are currently incorporating whole foods into her diet: avocado, sweet potatoes, and bananas.  That's all though..no rice cereal, etc..  (Just a little run down on her diet)  Anyways, back to the question.
ANSWER:  In NO way would I ever do anything to endanger or toxify my little ray of sunshine.  I believe it's absolutely fine to detox while nursing, but under special circumstances.  My diet pre-detox was pretty much the same as what I am currently doing, but I of course had my slack days (bagels, (caffeinated) coffee, pizza..).  I wouldn't suggest you doing a complete detox while nursing IF you currently are on the SAD (Read up on it!).  Also, my theory behind it is that ONE- I could continue to dump toxins from me to her via breast milk OR TWO-I could rid both of us from them and give us a fresh start.  I am not a physician, but it makes perfect sense to me. 


Day 4:

Started the day off right today... yoga, juice, and an apple.  I felt reconnected and centered during yoga and that brings me to a HUGE point... OVERALL HEALTH. -->It is Mind, Body, & Soul.  If you think for one second that they don't go hand in hand, well I'm sorry to say, but your wrong. 
I believe in being right with God.. having your spiritual connection first and foremost..and being involved with things that let your soul be liberated.  Things such as yoga, meditating(prayer), running, reading, etc... What are the things that bring you closer to God?  What are some of your innate passions? Could you pursue those passions without good physical health?  Do they even serve a true purpose without God being the root of the pursuit? 
 My husbands outlets that bring him closer to God are hunting and fishing.. these are harmonic and natural activities that the Creator placed upon his heart since he was a young boy. That is why I will always encourage and support him in those things because I know how important they are to him and his own journey with God.

Then focus on your physical body through high vibrational foods (living/raw/whole).. you know, the foods that God designed for us to eat??  The beautiful fruits, veggies, and grains that He so intricately created?!  And of course the exercise.. the release.. for stress and toxins. THEY'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF YOU!! 
Then there is your mind...  what do you fill it with?  Positive or negative?  Did you know that your gut is directly related to your brain.  Fill your body with good things and take notice of the clarity of your mind that will be the result of it.. When you eat McDonald's you'll probably want to take a nap afterwards.. but if you drink your green juice you'll more than likely skip the nap ;) maybe even take a jog!  Try it and see..


Your body is your temple.

Do you see now how they are all connected together??



Well that's my spill for today!  Thanks for listening. Gotta get back to folding the laundry.. Mara Mae is starting to eat socks.. her daddy's socks at that :/

No comments:

Post a Comment