5.27.2014

Chicken stuffed with smoked Gouda cheese, spinach and sun dried tomatoes





So many people, especially women, believe that eating healthy means counting every calorie and sacrificing flavor.  That couldn't be further from the truth.  I honestly cannot tell you the last time I counted calories!  Clearly if I have the option to save a few I will try and go that route, however in my day to day lifestyle I don't count calories.  I choose eating HEALTH foods and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  I incorporate nutritional cleansing into my lifestyle as well which I firmly believe is something that keeps my body clean and working well!

    This evening I made something extra yummy to celebrate my hubs...super proud of him!  This is baked chicken stuffed with smoked gouda cheese, spinach and sun dried tomatoes over a bed of cous cous. 

 Here she is:

Chicken stuffed with smoked Gouda cheese, spinach and sun dried tomatoes:

  • 3 organic chicken breast
  • 3 pieces of smoked gouda cheese (I used Trader Joe's)
  • 1 bag of spinach
  • 1 bag of sun dried tomatoes
  • Evoo
  • S&P

I laid the chicken on parchment paper and covered them with plastic wrap.  Pounded each piece out so I would be able roll it up!  After the pieces were flattened out I put a large handful of spinach on each one, a piece of gouda, sund dried tomatoes and S&P.  I rolled each one and held them together with toothpicks.  Then placing them in a glass baking dish I sprinkled Evoo and more s&p on top.  Baked @ 350 for 30 min.  Onced finished, let them rest for at least 10 minutes.

While that was baking I cooked the cous cous on the stove top.  I used:
  • Trader Joe's quick cooking Cous Cous
  • Evoo
  • diced onion
  • Fresh minced garlic
  • S&P
  • Water
I sauteed the garlic and onions in the Evoo and S&P.  Then according to the cooking directions I finished the rest of the recipe for the cous cous.  

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

Love,
Bridgette







No comments:

Post a Comment